Sunday, October 4, 2009

Domingo en San Telmo

My friends and I went to the wonderful market or ferria in San Telmo (the tango quarter) today. I was under the impression that it was small, with it's focus on antiques, tango clothing, and other traditional Argentine goods. I was wrong. It was massive, with everything from antique leather, plastic sunglasses, Indian scarves, and art. We walked about 10 blocks of it, got the biggest empanadas I have ever seen (we're talking calzone-sized,) and returned to quiet Recoleta.
I think that it has taken me this long to realize how quaint Recoleta is compared to the rest of Buenos Aires. Microcentro is insane, with 9 de Julio (one of the largest avenues in the world, it takes like 4 or 5 island-hops before you get to the other side,) San Telmo has its bustling market, and Palermo with its busy shopping quarter.
I braved the pickpocketers and professional landrones and took out my precious camera a few times.... and under the Caos y Belleza album title, are the photographs I captured: New photographs!


Besos
XoXo,
Breezy

2 comments:

  1. WOW !!! I LOVE the photos... BIG place ! So neat to see it... Glad things are working out.... Sounds like a great adventure !!!

    Love Auntie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I love to see BA. Keep up the flog, I love reading it.
    GrandPa

    ReplyDelete