Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ice cream prices rose $2 pesos per size today! The travesty!

It seems as though another week in Buenos Aires has slipped through my fingers somehow!

I have been battling the inevitable cold/congestion/allergies thing for the last week (as is the rest of our house,) but today was the first without serious consideration of visiting Pharmacity, so things are looking up for the weekend!
Anyway let me first say that these Argentines have a very loose sense of 'Spring' or Primavera... I have been here now for about 3 weeks, most of which were considered to be part of the 'Spring' season, but I have only once or twice been comfortable in my capris and long sleeved t-shirts. It has been unbelievably chilly! I have been scrounging the sale racks at all of the little boutiques near our house for a huge, chunky sweater for days (and nights) like the ones we have had lately.
On the plus side, the forecast for this next 10 day set seems to hold lots of sol (sun) and warmish temperatures! Break out the Havaianas and the shorts, baby!

Moving on from the temperature...
I only went into my internship once this week due to my 'illness,' but, when I did go, it was worth my visit! The coordinators at work gave me an opportunity to shadow some Conciencia people who are working in cohorts with PepsiCo to survey a barrio in Northern BA that is notoriously impoverished. They are going to be asking a variety of questions of the residents here in order to create a database that will allow Conciencia (and maybe other aide-based organizations) to better serve their community and create programs for their neighborhood. Anyway, I should be hearing back from my program coordinator, or at least just see her on Tuesday to clear up the details and such. If it turns out the way I want it to, I will be working a few more hours per week for the entire month of October! There are some other little side project type things in the mix too, if they develop, you will be sure to hear about them.

My roommates are moving out this weekend into posh, expensive housing in Palermo SoHo, and I'm going to miss having them around, but gratefully there is a kind of constant trickle of new, cool people flowing in from all over the world.
This weekend promises a craft market in San Telmo, the tango quarter, an asado (Argentine grill-out,) yoga, some shopping, and a few very, very late nights (or early mornings) with good friends.

Besos XoXo,
Breezy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are coming along. Sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete