Friday, September 11, 2009

Recoleta

I'm here!
I made it safely from DIA through DFW to EZE, onto a World Taxi that was pre-arranged by my program, and to my beautiful, amazing, old apartment building.
The living situation is pretty interesting. The building is a huge old house(?) Maybe a house, but a nice two story little thing with white wash walls and pretty trim. It has winding wooden stairs (I of course live in the 2nd floor.)
I have two roommates, both whose names begin with C (I think!) I've met a tonnnnnn of people who live her or are friends with people who live here already. I think the majority of the kids (20 somethings) staying here are working on their TEFL certification to teach english... Some others are interning or volunteering with various projects. All of them are from all over the world, though most from the US, and all of them are amazingly energetic, fun, adventurous, welcoming, and most of all, involved in a love affair with this beautiful city, Buenos Aires. All in all, I think there are around 16 people here, and when the building is at capacity, there are 30.
I haven't been able to venture out as much as I like, but I did go to the grocery store and pick up some necessities!
My internship is still mostly a mystery... I don't start until Tuesday at 4. All I have found out is that I can work as much or as little as I want, the organization is young and fun, and that I won't be burned out unless I bring it upon myself.
Hmm... other than that... oh there is a serious closet/clothing situation. Please let me inform of you how many hangers I was provide with in my minute closet: 4. Four hangers. Are you serious? Great, now I can hang up half of my jackets, and nothing else. So I will be on a serious quest for hangars tomorrow on my (what is sure to become) grand adventure around the barrio.
Anyway, I am a little sleep derived and scattered, so I apologize for my lack of organization and witty commentary.
So yeah, it's 7 pm here, and I am now heading off to get ready so that at some point in the next 4 hours, we can hopefully go out and about!
XoXo
Breezy

1 comment:

  1. Hi-
    So glad to hear you have landed safely and in such a neat place! Hopefully by now you've had some sleep and walked around the block! You GO !!!! Love..........

    ReplyDelete