Thursday, October 15, 2009

¡La Boca!


Today I went to the infamous La Boca pedestrian area... Honestly it has become such a tourist trap (tons of little stores with postcards, guacho gear, leather, scarves,) that it isn't much other than colorful. And how colorful it is! It's visually the coolest little 3 blocks I've seen in Buenos Aires... It has cobblestone streets, tango shows at nearly every cafe you pass by, and tons of freshly painted tin and cement. There are stores, houses, and cafes all with colorful signs, window-frames, and doors. If you can keep your (expensive and pretty) camera close enough and brush off the restaurant owners and men that try to whisk you into a tango, then it's a nice little walk to take. One more small task checked off of the 'Buenos Aires To-Do List.'

Photos are HERE at my good 'ol Picasa site, as well some pictures I forgot to mention in my last post. They are of me, my roomies, and friends out and about, in case you were craving some actual faces in my pictures! Here is my album, an ode to the Long, Long Nights here in the city that honestly must never sleep.
Besos,
Breezy

2 comments:

  1. Hi- LOVE your photos, especially the COLORS... Oh My.... Beats the 'pale' painted ladies of SF !!! Wish I was there !!! Love...auntie lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! The colors are so vibrant but different than the Brazilian ones. I enjoyed seeing your friends and seeing that you are having a good time. Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete